- the information we collect about you,
- how that information may be used,
- with whom it may be shared,
- how you may update the information you provide us,
- and your choices about such uses and disclosures.
We may collect personal information that can identify you such as your name and e-mail address, as well as other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our Sites, the information may be sent to our servers located in the United States.
User Provided Information. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our Sites or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information (such as your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number), and any other personal information you choose to provide while using our Sites or the Services.
Third Party List Information. We may also obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from third party data gathering sources. We may match this third-party collected information with the personally identifying information that you provide to us. When obtaining this information from third parties, the Site seeks assurances from such third parties that they have the right to provide the information to us.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Information Collection Technology. We and our business partners, such as advertisers, may use various technologies to collect information from your computer and about your activities on our Sites. For example, we and our business partners may collect and store non-personally identifying information through technologies such as log files, cookies, web beacons (also known as clear gifs), tracking pixels, and similar technology used by third parties to help determine user viewing preferences for advertising and other purposes.
- Log Files. Technical information from your browser is automatically collected when you visit our Sites. This information includes your IP address, your browser type, operating system, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see "Cookies" below), and the referring website address.
- Cookies. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a user's computer that tracks non-personal information about the user. When using our Sites, we may assign your computer one or more cookies which enable us to improve the quality of our Service and to personalize your experience. Cookies allow us to automatically collect information about your activity on our Sites, such as the web pages you visit, the links or advertisements you click, or the other actions you conduct while using our Sites. The cookies do not store any personally identifiable information about you. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to disable cookies. If you choose to disable cookies, you will still be able to access our Sites, but you may not be able to use all of the interactive features we offer. Additional information on cookies can be found at: http://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.htm.
- Web Beacons. We, or our advertisers, may use standard Internet technology such as web beacons (or "clear gifs"), tracking pixels, and other similar technologies, to gather aggregate, non-personally identifiable information about your use of our Sites. We also may include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our marketing efforts and the quality of our Sites.
Sponsor or Link Websites. Links or sponsor websites may be presented in a manner that allows us to keep track of whether the links or sponsor sites have been used. We use this information to improve the quality of our Sites, to track advertising, and to personalize your online experience. Please be aware, however, that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites.
Information Use and Sharing
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE MAY USE INDIVIDUAL INFORMATION FOR ANY LEGALLY PERMISSIBLE PURPOSE IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION. We may match any of the technical information we gather to any personally identifying information we have obtained through you or third parties to provide you offers and improve the content of the Sites and Services for you. Examples of some of the ways we use or share information that we collect about you includes:
- provide you with products or services, including the display of customized content, advertising, and services;
- provide technical or customer support;
- perform research and analysis to gauge use of or interest in products, services, or content offered on our Sites, and to develop new services;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
- enforce our terms and conditions, or otherwise manage our business; and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Communications From This Website. Unless you have opted out of these features, we may use your information in a variety of ways to communicate with you, such as through email, newsletters, RSS feeds, or service announcements.
Personal Information. Unless you have opted out where available, we may rent, sell, or share any of your information, personal or otherwise, with third parties, including without limitation for the following purposes:
- Service providers: We may share your personal information, alone or in combination with non-personal information, with third party service providers in connection with your request for Services on our Sites. These service providers may include credit bureaus, financial institutions, marketing and customer services firms, credit card payment processors, as well as companies that support contests, sweepstakes, surveys, or other features offered through our Sites, or that provide business analysis or website support. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, which may include using the information to contact you.
- Business partners: When you express interest in promotions offered through our Sites or our Services, we may share your personal information, alone or in combination with non-personal information, with the relevant business partners or affiliates to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes. When you elect to engage in a particular offer or program, you authorize us to provide your personal information address and other information to that business so that they may contact you.
- Third parties for legal process: In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from any law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us in our sole discretion. In addition, we may disclose your information when we believe it is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce the terms of service of our Sites or other agreements or policies.
Special Notice to California Residents. In accordance with California Civil Code Sec. 1789.3, California resident users are entitled to know that they may file grievances and complaints with California Department of Consumer Affairs, 400 R Street, STE 1080, Sacramento, CA 95814; or by phone at 916-445-1254 or 800-952-5210; or by email to email@example.com.
Aggregated and Non-Personal Information. We may rent, sell, or share aggregated demographic information not specifically identifiable to you, and other non-personal information we collect, with any third parties for any reason, including to develop and deliver targeted advertising, and to conduct general business analysis. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our Sites and the most popular features or Services accessed.
We give our users the opportunity to "opt-out" of having their information used for purposes not directly related to our Sites at the point where we ask for the information. Please be aware that this may result in our not being able to provide certain services to you that require us to share information with third parties. If you choose to receive communications from us but later wish to discontinue receiving communications from us, you can opt-out by any of the following means:
Send an email to:firstname.lastname@example.org, or follow the instructions in a promotional email message sent by the Site.
Please note that opting out of receipt of promotional e-mail communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you will have to change your preferences directly with that third party. To opt-out of communications from our third party business partners, please contact them directly.
Updating Your Information
If you have questions or want to update your personal information, please contact us at: email@example.com.
No system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure.
Visitors Outside the United States
For more information about protecting your privacy, you may wish to visit: www.ftc.gov.